Heron Towers is a prestigious, 46-storey office building in central London, where open lift shafts with fully glazed lifts were installed during its construction. Cryotherm was chosen to provide two-hour fire protection, with a decorative finish, to the lift shaft’s steel frame.
Rockliner casings were the ideal choice and the colour Metallic Silver was specified by the architect.
The project included pre and post-sales site surveys, technical advice, fabrication of casings and support framework and the installation, which was undertaken by our approved contractor, Firesafe Installations Ltd.
- Rockliner casings, 120-minute Fire Protection to beams and columns
- Work area within glass elevator shafts, floors 2 to 46 inclusive
- Columns to be jointed to match full height of the building
- Site measure, propose details and manufacture Rockliner casings
- Columns to supply in 1375mm lengths with joint details
- Installation from man hoist, within lift shaft
- Metallic Silver finish
- Support framework 1.5mm Galvanised